Sunday, February 26, 2012

BLOG ASSIGNMENT # 5




Dr. McLeod-Its kind of hard to respond to this post without saying the same thing over and over again.I understand technology is the way, and that is the direction the world is shifting into. I responded to the post, and told him I enjoyed reading it.
iSchool initiative- This is a good idea,but how is the school system going to afford this? I have kids, and I can't afford to buy these new devices. Even if I could afford them, I know some parents that can't. The school system is already firing a lot of teachers, so I am just wondering. Also, what happens if the computer system shuts down? We are being told to due away with pencils, so do we rely totally on computers?
Eric Whitacre's Virtual Choir- Very Impressive! I know putting that video together took a lot of time and hard work.
Teaching in the 21st century- Kevin Roberts is right! Facts and knowledge are tools,and students need to know how apply them. He said, teaching should be relevant, I also agree with that.Students not only need entertainment,but need to be engaged.This was an effective video.
Reading Rockets-This site provides resources for students, teachers, principals and other professionals. This site has plenty material on reading comprehension and also podcasts and free reading guides. This site also provides suggestions for kids with reading disabilities.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe we should do away with schools. Or, perhaps, that is exactly what we are doing when we fail to fund them adequately.

    Minimalist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe,

    I was speechless after watching Eric Whitacre's choir production. I completely agree with your statement about how much time it must have taken.

    The Reading Rockets website was very helpful to me. I found several apps that would be great for the classroom. The website had a lot of focus on allowing students to voice their opinion. I think that is very important. As a result, I feel that more students will want to get involved. Therefore, the classroom can be more like a learning community.

    I enjoyed reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete