Friday, February 10, 2012

BLOG ASSIGNMENT # 3

my pictures

Technology in special education- Wow! That video was amazing! My little brother is in special education, and I was wondering ways I could help. After watching this video I have a new outlook on technology. I always though that technology was needed but was overly emphasized. The reason I thought this way was because the majority of people I know are stressing about money, but have these expensive technology devices, that they can't afford.But after seeing this video,and how it can be very helpful to my little brother,I now have a different perception.
I am going to research a little more and find programs that might be able to help my little brother.Finding ways to help my little brother will also help me with my future students.

APP for education- SHAPE-O ABC'S FOR I PHONE, this program encourages learning by doing, by integrating puzzles, shapes,colors,and sounds in to one program. This app has over 100 hundred activities. This is one way to make learning fun and effective.
GARY'S SOCIAL MEDIA COUNT-OK, my mind is still running,but this was interesting. I don't know if I should become a teacher or start my own business.There is opportunity all across the board. For teachers it is plane to see how to reach the next generation.This is not just exciting for the students, but also the teachers. Every day can be different in the terms of finding new ways to make learning, make sense to the students.
A VISION FOR THE STUDENTS TODAY- This video was eye opening and displayed some important facts. The more we stress education, the less it becomes important.The answer to everyone's problem is college. However, when I leave college I will be in debt. Am I promised a job? Education can mean a lot of things, not just the required materials we are mandated to learn.
Seek knowledge yes, but with all things get understanding.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hello Hunter! My name is Emilie Rinehart from EDM310. I also, like you, had a new outlook on the way technology can help students and ourselves preform to our fullest. I think it is wonderful how we can incorporate technology into the special education classroom by helping them communicate, do assignments, and embrace their full potential. I was a special Ed peer helper in high school so I do have a good bit of experience in the field. It is so nice that we today have different techniques that can make learning and the teaching process not as frustrating as it has been in the past. Does your brother us any type of device to help him learn and how severe are his special needs. I worked with individuals who uses touch pads with pictures and voiced machined that produced what they wanted to say. I think you researching more programs and ideas for the special needs is a great idea for your future as an educator. I plan on doing the exact same thing. It takes a very patient and strong willed individual to help and teach those who have special needs. I enjoyed your blog post and I look forward to reading more from you! Good luck on your future journey in becoming an educator.

      ps... Sorry for the third reply. I accidentally deleted my comment twice.

      Delete
  2. Hey Joe,

    This is a good post, but I think you can say more about each topic. Also, you didn't talk about your peer editing that you did when you completed C4C last week. Make sure you able to add "Clickable" links into your post every week.

    Email me if you have any questions stephen.akins1@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete