Sunday, February 19, 2012

BLOG ASSIGNMENT # 4

publicpictures.com

EDUCATIONAL PODCASTING-podcasts were normally use for audio use only, now they include still pictures and vidoes.Podcasts can be effective in class room settings, with the right material provided.Meaning,if the content of lesson can be conveyed through the device, than it is effective, but if material can not be conveyed through podcast, than that material is not effective.For an example, you would not want to teach math through a podcast.Some subjects require feedback from teachers,

LANGWITCHES- This was a great site.The way they used the podcast, was very effective.The kids enjoyed making the podcasts, and learned while they did it.This might be a way I would consider teaching to my kids.
CURRIKI-PODCAST COLLECTION- This site should have been first on the list, because this site actually shows you how to start your own podcast.Also this site provides the steps, when it comes to instructing the students,on how to start a podcast.This site has a link to youtube that displays the process to get it started.This site also, provides the name of the software you can download for free.This site has plenty material that would benefit me as a teacher, when using podcasts.

2 comments:

  1. Are you now ready to do your podcast?

    I like your suggestion about rearranging the assignments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a great job on this post! Even though I had the same assignment, you mentioned things that I hadn't even thought of! I had not considered that there are some subjects that can not be taught or explained over podcasts. I also agree that the sites should be in a different order.

    ReplyDelete