Thursday, February 2, 2012

BLOG ASSIGNMENT #2

sample pictures

DID YOU KNOW - BY JOHN STRANGE, I guess, I did not know.Seems to me, technology is taking over.Before this class, I did not spend much time on a computer. To become a teacher in this generation, I probably need to start. My question, is how can people afford all this technology, when were are suppose to be in a recession.Internet is not free, and if we can spend this much time and money on technology, than the numbers are not adding up. This year black Friday sales were through the roof, which means a lot of people sacrificed or we are not doing that bad financially as a country.That is what came to my mind after watching this video.

MR.WINKLE WAKES,Times are changing,but are they changing for the better? I think so, but the change is challenging the teachers to get out of the old tradition of how things use to be.However, the tradition is the foundation and this may change, but the blueprint should stay the same.Meaning we should build upon that, which has brought us this for,but modify to take us farther.
THE IMPORTANCE OF CREATIVITY, I like this video, I agree with him and he make a lot of good points.I do not agree with how the education system is set up. I am a physical education major and i am taking classes that are not related to my major, yet it is required. I will graduate and not have taken classes I would prefer to take to make me better at what I am trying to pursue
A VISION FOR THE 21st CENTURY LEARNING,Maybe education should be based on survival skills and understanding the importance of learning.I am a substitute teacher, and when I work at the schools, the kids are not interested in learning. They just wanna know how to survive. Some kids grow up in rough environments and everyday is a struggle to stay alive.I know this is a job for the parents and not the teachers,but what are the teachers responsibilities? That is to educate the youth for the future,but what if an education requirement for a student, is how can I stay alive? Do we meet that student needs?Or do we fail to educate that student?
HARNESS YOUR STUDENTS' DIGITAL SMARTS,I really don't have much to say about this video. This seems typical in the school setting today. Everyone is on media literacy, and think this is the way to go.Maybe it is, but I first have to step my game up on this subject,before I can speak for this or against this.The video displays ways to reach kids and to involve them in their own education and expanding their ability to interact with kids all across the world.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Joe,

    You seem to have some ideas about how technology should be approached in the classroom and it's always interesting to watch the growth of the EDM310 students who aren't as "tech-savvy" as the younger generations. This class is going to be tough, but I think it will help you a lot in your future as an educator. You may not use technology too much as a physical education teacher, but you will certainly need it for other aspects of life.

    As for the post, I was happy to see that you have your title tag working for the picture. However, you may want to go back and include the links to the videos or the pages that you were responding to in your post. That way other people who may happen upon you blog can go to those places for themselves to see what you're talking about. Also, I noticed that there were a lot of spaces missing between sentences, making them run together. This is probably because you're writing the post in the Edit HTML mode. When you're writing, you can write in the Compose mode. That way you will know what it looks like. You only need the Edit HTML mode when you're inserting pictures, links, or embedding videos.

    Good work!

    ReplyDelete