Sunday, April 8, 2012

BLOG ASSIGNMENT #10

EDUCATOR OR TEACHER?- The struggle inspired me to become an educator. There are many people that are trap in the struggle. Most are trap because the lack of knowledge. I was taught but not educated. Everyone will not be an educator, it will not happen. To be an educator you have to be willing to go beyond the limits. You must first have compassion, without that you can not be an educator.Educators risk their moral image to reach people, but never lose their character nor integrity. An educator understands what its like not to understand. An educator knows what it is like not to know.An educator meets the needs of people where they are.An educator does not have to use fancy words to impress people, but instead, uses the words that help.One more thing, an educator doesn't always have a college degree. I wanna be an educator because an educator helped me.
my picture
DON'T LET THEM TAKE PENCILS HOME!-I like how he tried to find a solution to the problem. I substituted at one of the toughest schools in mobile county.Most of the teachers are tired and believe me they have a very good reason to be.Not all, but for the most part, the teachers are just going through the motions.When I was there I tried to find a solution to the problem. That's make the difference as a teacher or educator. That is the motivation to keep pushing.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Joe your blog post was great. Looking at other teachers and what they been through and still going through makes me want to be an educator as well. I seen some teachers that have gone to the limits to educate a child to make sure they can say they have accomplish their goal. I want to be one of those teachers that will not give up on any child. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, be an educator!

    You comments on Tom Johnson's post does not reveal anything. I think you either did not read it or did not understand it.

    Read Laura Hollifield's post on this assignment. It will enlighten you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Joe,
    Your blog post was very insightful. I am glad to hear you are going to be an educator versus a teacher. You sound like you will be a very compassionate and understanding educator. Keep you eye on the prize and nothing will stop you.
    P. S. Don't for get to put tags on your photos.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete